Preparing your data is more important than building the report itself. Why? Because if the data requirements needed to support the business processes does not match the raw data from the sources we have, then it will not be a good report.
You will learn key concepts of data modelling, the different methodologies and learn how to improve your reports with basic modelling enhancements.
DAX is the core language of Power BI, Power Pivot and Analysis Services Tabular. Learning the basic notions of its syntax and common functions used in most of the solutions will be the second part of this course.
- Learn the basic concepts of data modelling
- Implement basic data modelling enhancements
- Understand the differences between calculated and measured columns
Modeling – Dimensional Modeling
- Basic Concepts
- Data Warehouse
- Element of an Analytical System
- Handling Changes – SCD
Modeling – Improving the Data Model
- Key Concepts
- Basic Modeling Enhancements
- Data Formatting and Categorization
- Introduction to DAX
- Measures & Calculated Columns
- Implicit/Explicit Measures
- Calculated Columns
- Date Table