Power Query is the Microsoft Data Connectivity and Data Preparation technology that enables business users to seamlessly access data stored in hundreds of data sources and reshape it to fit their needs, with an easy to use, engaging, and no-code user experience. Features in Power Query are available in Excel and Power BI Desktop. Why do you need them? Because data comes from numerous resources and sometimes, connecting different sources and transforming it to suit your business needs is not as easy as it looks.
You will learn to identify potential data sources and how to connect them to your model to obtain data. You will work with transformations in order to cleanse your data and allow you to create powerful dashboards on both public and private data.
- Import data from heterogeneous sources including Excel, Access, ERP systems, websites, online services, social media, and more
- Be able to cleanse your data before loading it into your models
- Learn how to load models
- Work with transformations
Get Data – Gathering & Cleansing
- Data Source – Connectors
- Getting Data
- Query Editor
- Advanced Editor – Welcome to M
- Work with Transformations
- Navigate the Process Pane
- Load the Model
- Show Advanced Editor options
- Advanced Transformations